- —Umbra to the Toa Inika
|Group||Order of Mata Nui|
|Colors||Dark Green, Yellow, Silver|
|Occupation||Hand of Artakha servant (formerly), Order of Mata Nui servant, Guardian of the Mask Of Life|
|Tools||Laser Lance, Rhotuka|
Umbra was created by the Great Beings as a servant of the currently-disbanded Hand of Artakha. He was later appointed as the first guardian of the Ignika's staircase by the Order of Mata Nui, though he was not and never was a member of the Order. Protodax, Protodites that were enlarged trillions of times by the Ignika, acted as his co-guards.
Anyone who wished to claim the mask would have to defeat him in battle first, even Order members. The Toa Inika, during their quest, had to face Umbra and his Protodax. However, the Protodax were "destroyed" by Umbra, and the Inika couldn't defeat him because of his power to move at the speed of light. However, he was deflected by Ice created by Matoro, and crashed into the ground.
When Voya Nui traveled back to its original place, he continued to wait for the Ignika to be returned, so as to continue his eternal destiny. However, after Teridax died he migrated to the surface of Spherus Magna. He will likely seek out the mask there.
Abilities and TraitsEdit
Umbra took his job of being a guardian for the Ignika very seriously. Since his assignment, he had dedicated his life to guarding the Kanohi Ignika from anybody, even those that would use it for noble purposes.
Powers and EquipmentEdit
Umbra's powers were light-based. He also had the ability to turn into a beam of light, allowing him to easily avoid physical attacks.
Umbra wielded a Laser Lance that could fire lasers, as well as being equipped with a Rhotuka launcher that could create hard light projectiles. He wore a powerless Ruru. He also had ultra-speed skates on his feet that allowed him to move at the speed of light. They additionally allowed him to ride on walls and ceilings.
- Umbra was released in 2006.
- His set number was 8625.
- The set contained 179 parts.
- This set was a Walmart exclusive.
- Both ends of his staff can light up.
- His eyes can also light up, as they are using the same parts as the Piraka's eyes.
- Umbra was the only 2006 set to include a Rhotuka Spinner.
- BIONICLE Legends 5: Inferno (First appearance)
- Ignition Comic 4: A Cold Light Dawns
- Into the Darkness (Mentioned only)
- BIONICLE Encyclopedia: Updated (Mentioned only)
- Umbra is actually not his real name, but one given to him by the Order of Mata Nui.
- "Umbra" in Latin means "shadow", which is very ironic considering his light-based powers.
- Umbra has no moral shadow, so if his light were to be drained, he would die.
- In the fourth Ignition comic, his shoulders are mistakenly placed on his head.
|Hand of Artakha (v|e)|
|Order of Mata Nui (v|e)|