|Colors||light blue, blue-green, yellow|
|Tools and Abilities||Hands|
Tarakava were huge lizard-like Rahi who used their long forelegs to deliver stunning blows. They hunted in pairs and stayed in shallow waters, as predators they lived in deep water.
This creature was created by Makuta and the Energized Protodermis Entity long ago. It had two heads and was more moody then most Tarakava. Toa Metru Whenua and Nuju encountered this creature during their search for the Onu-Metru Great Disk.
The Tarakava Nui was one of the last creations of Makuta and the Energized Protodermis Entity. It stopped early attempts at building the Mata Nui village of Ga-Koro until Turaga Nokama and the Ga-Matoran drove it off.
Mata Nui Online Game
In the Mata Nui Online Game, the residents of Ga-Koro were trapped in an underwater hut due to a recent attack by a Tarakava controlled by an infected mask. When Takua rescued the villagers, Gali came to the rescue and defeated the Tarakava, removing its infected mask and taming it. It could later be seen in a hut next to the generator if going back to visit the village.
- While the Sand Tarakava never made it past the prototype stage, it did serve as the prototype for the Tarakava.
- When the Matoran of Mahri Nui were doing a test run for the Air Launcher (as a vehicle) they crashed into a Tarakava and died.
- Tarakava hated Takea.
- The Tarakava set was released in 2001.
- The Tarakava had 401 pieces and set number was 8549.
- There are two triggers in both the Tarakava, each one, if pulled, will make the arm shoot forward in a punching motion.