Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Mask of Water Breathing|
|Power(s)||Let user breathe underwater|
|Kanoka||Shrink; Regeneration; Remove Poison|
|Notable Wearer(s)||The Toa Mata (formerly)|
The Kanohi Kaukau was the Mask of Water Breathing, sometimes called the Mask of Water. It gave its user the power to breathe underwater, albeit only to a certain depth and for a limited amount of time.
- Great: Gali, Kopaka, Pohatu, and Onua used their Kanohi Kaukau to retrive a Miru hidden underwater in BIONICLE Chronicles 1: Tale of the Toa.
- The Toa Mata - Formerly; exchanged for Golden Kanohi.
- One of the Toa of Ice on the Toa Mangai - Formerly; now deceased.
- Gavla - As an Av-Matoran; later replaced with powerless Avsa as a Shadow Matoran. Since reverted to Kaukau.
The Kaukau was first released in 2001 in transparent blue with Gali's set, and was also available in transparent red, green, black, white and (curiously) orange as one of the two randomly-selected Kanohi in the supplementary Kanohi mask pack.
In 2002, the Kaukau was also released in a similar Mask Pack, this time in gold or silver and also coming with three Krana in addition to the other randomly-selected Kanohi.
The transparent blue Kaukau later returned in 2003, as part of the Hahli Matoran set.
This mask also exists in yellow and light blue, but they are extremely rare.
- Before the Bohrok destroyed it, Naho Falls had a massive Kaukau statue carved into it.
- This mask is not related to Turaga Matau's Kau Kau Staff.
|Kanohi • Krana • Kanohi Nuva • Krana-Kal • Kraata • Kanoka • Rhotuka • Zamor Spheres • Squids • Golden Armor|