- —Narration, BIONICLE Chronicles 1: Tale of the Toa
|Mask of Speed|
|Power(s)||Greatly increased user's speed|
|Kanoka||Teleport, Reconstitute at Random|
|Notable Wearer(s)||The Toa Mata (formerly)|
Toa Mangai of Earth (formerly)
The Kanohi Kakama was the Mask of Speed. It gave its user the power to move and run at amazing velocities. While wearing this mask, the user did not have enhanced senses, so that everything appeared to be a blur while running.
- Great: Pohatu performed a test of his Kakama's powers by running from Po-Koro to Ko-Wahi within a minute in BIONICLE Chronicles 1: Tale of the Toa.
- The Toa Mata - Formerly; exchanged for Golden Kanohi.
- A Toa of Earth on the Toa Mangai - Formerly; now deceased.
- Hewkii - Formerly; eventually given to Karzahni.
- An unnamed Ga-Matoran in Artakha
- Various Rahi - Formerly; all now uninfected.
The Kakama was first released in 2001 in three sets and colors: A dark brown version was released in the Pohatu set, an orange-brown one came with McDonald's promotional Huki one, and an exclusive teal one came with the Tarakava boxed set. The Kakama was also released in red, blue, green, black and white in the Kanohi pack, which contained two randomly-selected masks.
In 2002, the Kakama was also released in a similar Mask Pack, this time in gold or silver and also coming with three Krana in addition to the other randomly-selected Kanohi.
The orange-brown mask later returned in 2003, when Hewkii's set was redesigned and released as a small set.
Six years later, a Noble redesign of the Kakama was released in orange with the Photok figure.
|Kanohi • Krana • Kanohi Nuva • Krana-Kal • Kraata • Kanoka • Rhotuka • Zamor Spheres • Squids • Golden Armor|