|Tools and Abilities||Claws, Elemental attacks|
Gafna were a type of small, ratlike creatures that lived on Voya Nui. Gafna were seen in the six primary elements.
The respective types of Gafna were originally created by the Makuta species using a combination of liquid protodermis and viruses. When Voya Nui was broken off from the rest of the Matoran Universe during the Great Cataclysm, Gafna were on it and survived the ascent. It is unknown what happened to the Gafna when Voya Nui returned to its original position on the Southern Continent. Additionally, it is unknown how many Gafna, if any, escaped to Spherus Magna after the death of Makuta Teridax.
- Fire Gafna - Gafna that lived around Mount Valmai.
- Water Gafna - Gafna that lived along the Cape of No Hope's beaches.
- Earth Gafna - Gafna that lived in The Green Belt.
- Stone Gafna - Gafna that lived in the Desert of Sorrows.
- Ice Gafna - Gafna that lived in the Ring of Ice.
- Air Gafna - Gafna that lived in the Desert of Sorrows.
Powers and Traits
Overall, Gafna were harmless, unless provoked. When attacked, they could retaliate with an blast of Elemental power, depending on which type it was. Each type of Gafna lived in a different environment fitting to their nature.
- In the Voya Nui Online Game, the Gafna were easy enemies compared to the others and were the first ones to be fought. However, Fire Gafna were more powerful than the other types of Gafna.