|Tools and Abilities||Claws, Elemental attacks|
These Rahi appeared in types possessing powers of the six main elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Stone, Ice, and Air Burnak. A Protodermis Burnak is also known to exist. There was also another type; Guardian Burnak that were trained by the Piraka to guard their Stronghold. Piruk also owned a Desert Burnak.
The respective types of Burnak were originally created by the Makuta species using a combination of liquid protodermis and viruses. When Voya Nui was broken off from the rest of the Matoran Universe during the Great Cataclysm, Burnak were on it and survived the ascent. It is unknown what happened to the Burnak when Voya Nui returned to its original position on the Southern Continent. Additionally, it is unknown how many Burnak, if any, escaped to Spherus Magna after the death of Makuta Teridax.
- Fire Burnak - Burnak that lived near Mount Valmai and other volcanic regions
- Water Burnak - Burnak that lived along the Cape of No Hope's beaches
- Earth Burnak - Burnak that lived in the Green Belt
- Stone Burnak - Burnak that lived in the Desert of Sorrows
- Ice Burnak - Burnak that lived along the Ring of Ice
- Desert Burnak - Burnak that lived in the Desert of Sorrows
- Air Burnak - Burnak that lived on the eastern side of Voya Nui, including the Desert of Sorrows, the Ring of Ice, and the Green Belt
- Protodermis Burnak - Burnak that lived near the Lake of Protodermis
- Guardian Burnak - Burnak that guarded the Piraka Stronghold
Powers and TraitsEdit
Overall, Burnak were harmless, unless provoked. When attacked, they could retaliate with an blast of their respective Elemental power or a simple attack, depending on which type it was. Each type of Burnak lived in a different environment fitting to their nature.