- —Narration, BIONICLE Chronicles 1: Tale of the Toa
|Mask of X-Ray Vision/Mask of Vision|
|Power(s)||Let user see through substances|
|Notable Wearer(s)||The Toa Mata (fomerly)|
The Kanohi Akaku was the Mask of X-Ray Vision, also called the Mask of Vision. The Great Akaku gave its user the power to see through solid objects. Akaku were commonly fitted with special lenses that allowed for telescopic vision as well.
- Great: In BIONICLE Chronicles 1: Tale of the Toa, Kopaka used his Akaku to see through the side of a mountain and spot the rest of the Toa Mata.
- The Toa Mata - Formerly; exchanged for Golden Kanohi.
- Matoro - Formerly; eventually given to Karzahni.
- An infected Ko-Matoran - Formerly; since uninfected.
The Akaku was first released in 2001 in two sets and colors: A white version was released in the Kopaka set and a sand blue one came with McDonald's promotional Matoro one. The Akaku was also released in red, blue, green, brown, and black in the Kanohi pack, which contained two randomly-selected masks.
In 2002, the Akaku was also released in a similar Mask Pack, this time in gold or silver and also coming with three Krana in addition to the other randomly-selected Kanohi.
The sand blue mask later returned in 2003, when Matoro's set was redesigned and released as a small set.
Six years later, a Noble redesign of the Akaku was released in white with the Solek figure.
|Kanohi • Krana • Kanohi Nuva • Krana-Kal • Kraata • Kanoka • Rhotuka • Zamor Spheres • Squids • Golden Armor|